Friday, July 23, 2010

Alicia's Birthday & Fourth of July

Alicia is officially six years old now.  I truly think she is much older at times, and much younger too.  Her birthday was small, mainly because she hasn't been feeling well and we weren't able to plan a big party for her, so we just made it into Sunday dinner with the Hale's on the Fourth of July.  She still wasn't feeling great, but you can't tell it from the pictures.  I finally made her a long awaited princess Cinderella cake.
The cousins all clammered to be around the birthday girl.
And then the fireworks began.  You can never have too many sparklers.
Although the noise was too much for cousin Alex, and by the end of the night Alicia shared the noise cancelling headphones too. 
It was a fun, close to home celebration of Independence Day, and we got to spend time with family.  For the cousins who have never done fireworks, it was a new experience, and for my kids, it is a tradition that will be hard to break. 

3 comments:

  1. You call that a small birthday? Our birthdays this summer all consisted of just me, Dave, H, E and P. Nobody else. I don't feel bad about that though, they all included special things for the birthday person and lots of fun. It looks Alicia had a great time, and she is SO big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake- you are way too ambitious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have birthdays be small, but it can be hard to not leave people out as well. With so much family that we love nearby, it is a balancing act.

    ReplyDelete