This year we decided to buy a box of organic fruits and vegetables each week and then share that box with my parents. It has been wonderful. My kids have been able to try artichokes, squash, various lettuces, various tomatoes, papaya, pineapple, and all sorts of fruits and veggies I normally don't buy. We went for a farm that delivers, but also buys certain organic produce to add to the box since we don't grow papaya in Washington state. So some of the things we get are from Mexico or other places. A lot of it comes from here though, and the place that puts our TerraOrganics box together is Tahoma Farms. 
When I got an email that July 22, 2010 would be Kids day at the farm, I jumped on it. Since we haven't met the farmers who have made this all possible, I knew it would be a great time to meet them, and to meet other people with kids doing the same thing as us, trying to feed our kids nutritious, quality foods. What I didn't realize was that my kids would be eating lunch from the land during our hour and a half tour. Tabatha kept eating pea, after pea, after pea.
Here Olivia is eyeing the peas. She liked the peas, but the carrots were her favorites, and I didn't get pictures of those, I was too busy trying to clean them off before they went into their mouths.
So did the kids have fun, of course they did. Alicia and Tabatha loved meeting other friends at the farm, and the peas, carrots, tomatoes, and strawberries filled them up. We went from here to swimming lessons, and I think the kids liked the farm just as much as the pool. Now if I can only get them to weed my garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment