My sister Stephanie has a zoo pass to the Pt. Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. We have talked about going for awhile, but the weather has been horrendous lately. Finally we decided to go whether it was raining or not, and although it sprinkled it wasn’t anything we Seattle-ites couldn’t handle.
It was worth the rain just to see this peacock showing off his full feathers outside the zoo before we even entered. Isn’t he beautiful. Olivia wants her hands to be a peacock here, what do you think?
Every time we come to the zoo we get a picture in the sharks mouth. I have never seen Olivia so excited to pose as she did with her cousins. Aubrey and Olivia had a contest to see who was the best shark. I think it was a tie.
Luckily Sharks don’t stay angry for long. Soon they were friends again.
We met the original blue tongued lizard here. Normally I don’t post animal pictures but the lady at the zoo told me that catching the blue tongue out was very rare. The tongue comes out at least another inch or so, but getting that vivid blue on camera was a fluke of timing.
By the end of the day Olivia, Katie, and Aubrey were the best of friends running around. Why don’t we do this more often? We just get too busy. I am so glad Stephanie took us to the zoo, and for the fun our girls had together.
No comments:
Post a Comment