Friday, December 14, 2012

Journey to Bethlehem

This year, our ward tried something new for our Christmas party.  We were asked to come in costume in order to get the feel of being in Bethlehem.  Booths were set up, and vendors were giving out food, crafts, and teaching dances from the time of Jesus. 

To help be part of the group, I decided to make our costumes.  Thanks to my moms sheets (she would have given them to DI if I hadn’t used them) I transformed us into a High’s Priests family.

Our eldest.

2012-12-07_14-34-41_925

Our middle daughter (before I hemmed it)

2012-12-07_17-20-22_141

And our youngest.

2012-12-07_15-37-59_607

Ken got the High Priest hat because it was in my McCalls pattern for the costumes I made.  He was the only one with a hat, and Ken told everyone that we were upper middle class.  It was fun.

 

P1040804

We brought a blanket and ate on the floor. 

399295_4494796042584_50284838_n[1]

The girls got to make a few crafts such as clay lamps and these paper driedels.

P1040805

The also were given gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh to remind them of the gifts given to Jesus.  Yes, the gold was in a takeout container, but it is the thought that counts.

P1040807

The kids Sang Away in a Manger with the rest of our Ward Primary, and although the night went later than we expected, it was a great experience.  So glad we came and the girls enjoyed acting the part of pilgrims to Bethlehem.  I hope we do it again next year, but maybe with chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment