Friday, August 13, 2010

Hawaii Day Four - Part Three- The Luau

The highlight of our trip, the thing my children wanted the most, and the thing that most exemplifies the Hawaiian culture, is the traditional luau.  I picked one right on the ocean so we could see the beautiful views, and I am glad we did.  With a gorgeous sunset behind us, we saw the IMU where a sumptuous pig was cooked.
The girls learned a few Hawaiian instrument names, such as 'uli'uli,
pu'ili

and 'ili'ili.

We ate the traditional imu dinner, here Olivia gets a bit drunk on her punch (it is 11 pm our time back home, so she may be tired too).

wonderful dances.  If you can't notice, Tabatha and Alicia both want to grow up to be hula girls, they loved the traditional hula dance more than anything else.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of the family on top is fantastic! I am so jealous you were able to go- next time we're coming with, whether you like it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love company, you just have to promise to switch baby-sitting :) The picture cost us $20, but it was worth it. It is the only picture we got of the whole family, and a photographer took it at the luau.

    ReplyDelete