Thursday, September 30, 2010

Christina’s Visit–Glass Museum & Sand Castles

I am so grateful that my sister Christina was able to come up and visit.  I had a girls night at the glass museum with her while my parents watched her girls and my husband watched mine.  It was a lot of fun, I have never seen glass made in front of me before, and the hot shop was worth the trip.

P1020174

These professionals were amazing, I kept thinking they would get burned, but after 30 minutes they made an amazing piece of glass without a scratch on any of them.

P1020181

Here are just a few of the pieces made her at the museum.

P1020187

A few days later we got Grandma High and all of our children together to see the World Championship of Sand Castles.

These sculptures were tall, intricate, detailed, unique, and wet because of the rain.  A few had toppled, but most were still incredible. 

P1020191

The kids liked the sculptures, but our kiddos were more interested in making their own masterpieces.

P1020203

But a few castles caught their attention.P1020222P1020210

P1020211

Audra and Olivia are only 13 days apart, they could be twins with the way they interact, it was so cute to see.

I am not sure who these crazy guys are, but they were interesting.P1020231

P1020217

Thank you mom for such a wonderful day seeing these works of art that didn’t last very long.

P1020239

No comments:

Post a Comment