Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Fair Chairperson. Who Me?

This year, right after school started, I got a phone call asking me to chair the Book Fair this year.  The women who did it last year has also done it the last eight years.  She left pretty big shoes to fill, but Ken encouraged me, and I decided to do it.  It is only two weeks in the fall and two weeks in the spring, right? 

Well this was a huge undertaking, and I learned a lot.  I made my school close to $6000 which is what was made last year, so I was able to amaze myself.  Thank you family who came and supported me, my next book fair is March 16-19 so if you are available, feel free to come help volunteer, browse the books, and support Endeavour Intermediate School.

Here is a little of my advertising I did.

P1020173

Olivia was my big helper through all of my decorating, setting up, and being at the school for hours at a time.  She came a lot, but I also had my friend Jennifer watch her when she got really overwhelmed.

So here is to my heroes who help me each day, especially when it came to the Book Fair.

P1020165P1020167

P1020169

No comments:

Post a Comment