Tuesday, April 5, 2011

34th Birthday

Usually I like to post pictures with my posts, but somehow I never got a picture on my birthday.  Instead of worrying about a camera, or getting the right shot, I spent my entire day with my family.

This morning Tabatha, Alicia and Olivia were so excited to hug me and wish me happy birthday.  They had made paper hearts and written letters that they put in a paper bag to give to me as my present.  It was very sweet.

Then, after lunch, Ken’s parents came over and watched the girls so Ken and I could spend the rest of the day together in Seattle.  A friend gave me tickets to the Star Wars Exhibit up at the Pacific Science Center, so Ken and I got to see some of the actual costumes, droids, and other movie items.  But even better, they had hands on exhibits were you could build a small C3PO, or figure out how to make a magnetic train with small magnets (because hovercrafts aren’t doable, but mag trains are).  We saw how science from the movie is becoming science of today, although humanistic droids are not one of them.  It was fun going around, we don’t do these things without kids often.

After Star Wars we ate at a great restaurant near the space needle called Quincy’s.  They had delicious burgers, shakes and fries.  I would highly recommend them.

After some shopping for a few new outfits for me we ended our day watching The King’s Speech at a small theater in Tacoma called The Grand Cinema.  Only 5 others were watching the movie, so it was practically empty, and the seats were nice, the room small and cozy, and the atmosphere really brought me back to when the cinema was a treat.  I felt like we had gone back in time to when The King’s Speech was happening, WWII, and with the quality of the movie which I highly recommend to anyone, I ended my birthday on high note.

We couldn’t have done it without my in-laws and parents watching my children all afternoon and evening.  I really am lucky to have loving and kind family members all around me.  Thanks for making my birthday extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment