Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Retirement

Ken’s dad has spent his life in many careers.  A tv repairman, an army veteran who served in Vietnam, a Navy man who served in Iraq, and then went back to college when Ken graduated high school to become a medical technician at Harborview in Seattle.  He has worked hard to take care of his family, and in part to recognize that, and also to celebrate his retirement, we took my in-laws to dinner at Black Angus.P1010615

Part of the fun was that we surprised them with a few extra guests.

P1010614

We had my brother-in law Scott with his wife Melissa

P1010613

as well as my sister-in-law Debra and her husband Matthew sitting at the table waiting for us.  It was a great surprise and started the evening right.

I have to say, we ate a lot of food, had a lot of stories told, and I laughed harder than I have in a long time.

P1010617

In fact the only picture of Ken and I was when I was eating and laughing at the same time.  We always have fun together, but it was different without the kids vying for attention.  This made for a relaxing and easy atmosphere with each other that we sometimes forget we have.   So not only was it a nice retirement dinner, it was a great night out.  I am so grateful for a husband who put it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment