For the last two years Tabatha has had birthday slumber parties. It was chaotic, crazy, and what was I thinking! So this year, we did an evening party, and it was much better. No girls who decided it was fun to keep everyone awake all night, no problems with not liking food that was served, and the girls who came seemed to have a fun time.
We started by letting each girl make their own pizza. Here is Madison making hers. I was amazed by how many wanted to pile on the peppers. I love them, but apparently 11 year old girls do too.
Ella and Sarah start out daintily,
then really dig in.
After pizza, the girls played card games. UNO Stack and Yahtzee were the two favorites, but I didn’t get any pictures since I was cleaning.
We did cupcakes instead of a large cake, so much easier.
Tabatha is into arts and crafts and reading, so most of her gifts were related to beads, jewelry, a bracelet her friend Ella made for her, books (she got the complete 21 Clues Series), and a gift card for Barnes and Noble.
This party was low key, but perfect for Tabatha. There was plenty of time to talk, laugh, and enjoy one another’s company, and after the presents were opened, the girls ended by playing one of my favorite games. I hadn’t pulled it out before now, so it was new to everyone there (which surprised me a little).
Here they are, playing Guesstures:
Can you guess what they are acting out? For the most part, they couldn’t either, but it was still fun to watch and to try to figure out. Once all the guests had left, Alicia and Olivia wanted to get in on the action.
I can tell already that Guesstures will quickly become a family favorite, and when friends come over I now have a fast get to know you game that 11 year olds can play.
No comments:
Post a Comment