Monday, March 18, 2013

Catalina Magdalena Hoopensteiner Wallindiner Hogan Logan Bogan Was Her Name

We love to read in our house, in fact books overflow just about everywhere we go.  Books are on night stands, bookshelves, tables, and plenty of times you can find them on the floor.  One of our family favorites is the title of this post. 

Catalina Magdalena Hoopensteiner Wallindiner Hogan Logan Bogan Was Her Name

My girls like it so much, that this year during the Primary Schools annual literacy festival I was a guest reader and I read it to two different classes.  Here I am reading to Olivia's class:

I think I must have been in the middle of a laugh when they took this picture. 
 
My copy of Catalina Magdalena has googly eyes on the front, and the kids laughed as I rhymed my way through this Scott Arnold rendition of the classic camp song.  If your kids haven't heard it, get it from the library.  Olivia's class liked it so much that the teacher bought a copy for her room (I should have thought of that first) and the kids read it to one another during down time.  It is very cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment